Official Technical Partner
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany with locations in more than 190 countries, SAP SE is the world leader in enterprise software and software-related services, helping more than 282,000 customers in 25 industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organisations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
• No one helps people and businesses solve complex problems better than SAP. SAP‘s proven solutions, including SAP HANA, enable data to become more meaningful through accessibility and simplicity
• SAP solutions inspire companies and people to experience brands and services in new and exciting ways, ultimately creating and delivering new value and insight.
Since 2012 SAP became the Official Technical Partner of the Extreme Sailing Series providing cutting-edge business software and analytics solutions to deliver an unprecedented sailing experience to sailors, spectators and the media.
SAP analytics solutions offer fans and broadcasters insights to enable them to decipher exactly what is happening on the water through the use of live leaderboards and 3-D visualizations taking place in real time. Post-race, SAP also provides teams with tools to analyze their performance and optimize their strategy helping them to sail like never before.
SAP enhances the management and operational side of the Extreme Sailing Series through the development of a Race Committee App. SAP is collaborating with sailors, fans and the media to develop solutions that truly enhance and grow the sport.
Long term, SAP will focus on positively impacting the areas of:
• Performance: Developing cutting edge SAP Analytics tools to help sailors and teams gain a competitive edge, bring fans closer to the action and provide media with data that tells a story
• Experience: Providing invaluable analysis delivered via web and mobile platforms to transform sailing engagement
• Understanding: Helping sailing to be understood better and more enjoyable for sports and sailing fans to watch